Monday, November 12, 2012

My friend Melissa

This, my friends, is my old roommate a good friend, Melissa. We met when we lived together the first semester during the summer of 2009. Her and I were two peas in a pod. We were joint at the hip. Literally, we did everything together. We were pretty crazy as well as boy crazy!  We wanted to go out and meet everyone! We went to many parties together, dated roommates, played volleyball, got snow cones, and laughed until all hours of the night together. Very good times!
 
 
She recently married the man of her dreams. I was so so excited for her! She clearly was a beautiful bride! Now, I've never met the man she now calls husband. But I'm sure he is a great (and lucky) man, specifically for Melissa. She and I have kept in contact regularly so I was lucky enough to hear directly from her some very good news! She and I were texting one day, actually the day I was packing like crazy, but it was  a very casual "catch-up" conversation. She sends me a text that says she has big news for me. I, jokingly, replied back asking her if she was pregnant.
 
 
She answered back with the fact that she was indeed pregnant!! Holy moly, I was super excited for her! Seriously, I was trying to live vicariously through her by asking her all the little details. Hopefully not too many that she thought I was going over board, but I don't need to know that!  Ha! Anyway, she told me that the next Friday was her first doctor's appointment and she would let me know how it went.

Well she definitely let me know how it went! She text me when they caught their breath from more big news. She let me know that everything was going good with the pregnancy, and that there was not one, but TWO heart beats!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my friends Melissa is pregnant with twins!!

(you can thank me later Liss)
 
Can you believe that this girl is going to be a momma of two soon??  I can. She is going to be the best little mama of two ever! I know she is going to teach them to be amazing kids. She will teach them about the gospel and give them a great testimony to lean on. She is a wonderful example of how you can be a little (or a lot) nutty, but also be a very intelligent person. I know she will teach them the value of work, study, and love. She is an incredible example to me. As crazy as we have been in the past, I think this is the craziest, coolest adventure for them! I am so excited for this journey that her and Kevin get to travel. They will both be wonderful parents to amazing twins. Love you girl!
 
You can read her story here.

1 comment:

  1. whew!! i know how that feels!! thats exciting she gets to have two! I totally commented on her blog post... haha hope its not too weird! Let her know if she needs any advice she can come ask me!

    ReplyDelete