Friday, November 16, 2012

The Next Big Move


About a year and a half ago, Adam and I picked up our cute little lives as college students and moved out here to Charlotte, North Carolina. That was huge and crazy because we had only found out where we were going a week before we graduated. When I was told where Adam got a job, I was excited, and then really not happy about it. I was leaving everything I knew. Rexburg, my friends, my family, and the only side of the country I knew, I was leaving it all behind.

I was probably a pain in the butt to live with when we first moved here because I was so down in the dumps about living here. But after a while I decided that I need to make the best of things while we live here. I went out and found me an awesome job and wonderful friends!

Now for the crazy big news.

Adam has accepted a job offer with a different company, TIC. He signed the papers yesterday and starts training on the 3rd of December!

What does this mean?

It means that we are moving out WEST middle of December! He trains in Denver, Colorado for a couple of weeks. Then he’ll fly back here to get me and the rest of our belongings and begin our voyage back out west. We are not exactly sure which state they will send us to yet, details yet to come. But we do know that we will be living in one of the following states: Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, and Colorado. There may be one or two that I am forgetting off the list, but for the most part there are our states!

Now whether you think this news is good or bad, we know it is the right decision for our little family. As much as we are so excited to get out there, we know we are going to miss not only North Carolina (and the warm beaches!) but our very good friends we have made here as well. We keep thinking about how much fun we had with our friends here and how much we are going to miss everyone, but of course we are going to keep in touch with everyone and keep updated on our journey. We really will try and come back every so often, and I can promise you that because Adam’s parents are here!

This whole moving thing is not foreign to us, and will not become that way anytime soon. They are planning on moving us around quite a bit for the next little while. But we don’t mind right now while we don’t have kiddos to settle down. We are nervous excited about this adventure(s) to come!

3 comments:

  1. So sad, yet so happy for you two. We did a lot of moving while we didn't have children so we know what it is like. I am so grateful that you did move out here so I could get to know you. You are such a delight. Please do keep in touch and maybe I will see you in passing while you are here for the next couple of weeks. Love both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss you, you were an AWESOME YW leader and taught me SO much i'm REALLY going to miss you.

    ReplyDelete