Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Past the first trimester!



We have made it past the first trimester! Man oh man am I excited about that! This first trimester has been one of extreme exhaustion and a little nausea here and there. My doctor keeps telling me that I should get energy back in the next couple of weeks and boy do I hope she's right. I feel like I could just sleep all day every day. Then on the days I do have time to sleep or am able to go to sleep early, my body won't let me! Ugh! I'm over that part already. I don't remember ever being this tired with Daxton. And I was watching two one year old boys during my first trimester, so it has nothing to do with the fact that I have a crazy toddler running around now. Also, because I've been so tired lately, I've kind of been anti-social too.... Let's hope that changes soon too!

I seriously cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is already going. Although I'm already in the stage that I look like I have just gained a few pounds and I'm not actually pregnant. I'm so ready for it to actually look like I'm pregnant and not just with a food baby.

I was so excited the night I found out, I couldn't keep it to myself for very long. So I just wrote Adam a little poem with one of the pregnancy tests taped to it and handed it to him that night. We told our families very early on and then waited until we went to Disneyland to make the announcement to everyone else!




We don't really have a preference on gender right now. I think it would be really fun to have another boy so that Daxton could have a little buddy, but a girl would be so fun too!

We are due May 6th, 2016 but we all know how exact those due dates are. I was five days early with Daxton, so we'll see what happens with this one.

I love this blog called Pregnant Chicken! She is hilarious and so real! Anyway, I found this post that totally nailed the First Pregnancy vs. Second Pregnancy! These really made me laugh because they are spot on!


First Pregnancy: You document your nutrition and ensure each food group is a part of your daily diet.
Second Pregnancy: Is gold fish off the floor and your toddler’s leftovers considered a full meal?

First Pregnancy: You take photos every week to document your growing little bump.
Second Pregnancy: Woops, you’re already in the third trimester; better take a picture of the bump so you can document it for the baby book that you’ll never have time to make anyway!

First Pregnancy: You avoid soft cheeses, turkey sandwiches, sushi and wine like the plague.
Second Pregnancy: Ehh- everything *safely* in moderation.
First Pregnancy: Your nursery is complete and perfect 3 months into pregnancy.
Second Pregnancy: You’re scrambling to get the room and “gear” together up until the last second.
First Pregnancy: Most of your soon-to-be son’s/daughter’s clothes are purchased new and hanging nicely in his/her closet months in advance.
Second Pregnancy: You’re all about the hand-me-downs – either from your older kids or your friends’ kids – spit-up stains and all! You also consider if it would be wrong to dress your newborn son in your daughter’s old pink pajamas – who will know?
First Pregnancy: You attend every class offered on child-birth, parenting, and breastfeeding and take notes.
Second Pregnancy: You could teach those classes in your sleep.
First Pregnancy: You read every pregnancy and parenting book cover to cover, sometimes twice.
Second Pregnancy: What is this thing called “reading” and who the hell has time for it?
First Pregnancy: You complete pregnancy-safe workouts at least three times per week.
Second Pregnancy: Chasing around your toddler and walking the dog = exercise complete.
First Pregnancy: You do your kegel exercises every day in preparation for labor.
Second Pregnancy: This time around the baby will just fall right out, right?
First Pregnancy: You track your weight gain weekly, if not daily, to make sure you’re growing in the “normal” range.
Second Pregnancy: You have no idea how much you weigh except when your doctor checks you every month, because you threw away your personal scale after the first baby. (I gave the weight tracking duty to my husband: “Just tell me if I’m getting really fat”)

No comments:

Post a Comment