Friday, August 28, 2015

That one time Lindsay got a mini vaca

Lindsay was the last of my siblings who hadn't been to our house in California, so luckily she was able to get a few days off work to come see us! Now ALL of my siblings have been down here, we're just waiting for my parents to decided that we are cool enough for them to see.  ;)  She flew out on a Thursday early afternoon, so we just stayed in San Francisco that day! She had never been there before so we just stuck to the basic touristy attractions.





We went straight up to the Golden Gate Bridge because it was sunny and you could get a great view of it! We stopped at several sight seeing spots, but my favorite was the very last one on the hill we were driving down. You could walk out on a cliff and get closest to the bridge from there!






From there we went to see the Painted Ladies, the houses shown in Full House.


After that we headed toward Lombard Street. I actually had enough guts to drive up to it this time. Adam normally drives, luckily, but it wasn't too bad once we got up there. We drove down Lombard street and got to look at all of the houses that some crazy people live on and of course the gorgeous view.




Then we headed to China Town. Adam and I had never been there before, so I decided to try to get Lindsay there. We weren't too impressed so we only walked through a couple of blocks before we were done. If you know something we don't and China Town is actually cool, let me know because I was not impressed. From there we headed to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Warf. We just took our time and strolled down the pier and ate dinner.



Friday was just a relaxing day in Turlock. We went swimming with some friends and then played volleyball that night!




Saturday we headed to the beach! Our favorite beach so far has been Carmel Beach and we didn't want to risk anything so we just took her there. It was a gorgeous day! Sunny and 80 degrees! That was fabulous for the beaches near us. I was nervous that it would be cloudy and cold, but Lindsay and I grew up with that on the Oregon coast so she would be fine with either. Adam and Linds play the pansy card and didn't get in the water with me! Daxton was all in with me though, so we had fun! We laid out, took pictures, played with Daxton in the water, and stayed until sunset. It was beautiful!














We couldn't have asked for a better weekend with Lindsay! Come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment