Monday, September 12, 2016

Idahome

We were so lucky to be able to visit my grandparents in Idaho this summer! I love Idaho in the summer time and I hadn't been able to be there during that season in about 5 years so it was so great to be back. My grandparents live just outside of Rexburg so we got to spend time with my sisters and my parents were able to be there too. 


We were crazy and drove the 16 hours but my cousin, Sam, and her little girl rode with us so that was so helpful. And Daxton was unbelievably good in the car so that made it much easier. Lucky for us, one my cousins lives in Saint George (about half way between San Diego and  Rexburg) and offered to let us stay the night to split up the trip. That was so great for the kids especially but for my cousin and I to catch some sleep too. Thanks again Mick and Lily! 


Once we finally made it to Idaho, it was like we were home (except we were missing Adam). I have such great memories at my grandparents house and it was fun to share some with Daxton! Saturday was just a prep day including some grocery shopping and taking lunch to Lindsay who had to work that day. 
Sunday we got to go to my grandparents Ward and saw some family and old friends of my dads. Then after we got home we had lunch with some new and old friends. It was fun catching up with the old friends and getting to know the new friends better.







Monday we took Dax and Cameron on their first decently long four wheeler ride! Thank goodness my grandparents live out in the country so we have lots of places to ride. After the ride we got to go to Bear World! My sister, Cassidy, works there so we get to hear a little about the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. It was so fun to see the Bears so close up. And Daxton loved the rides after we drove through! 




Tuesday and Wednesday were supposed to be lake days but there was a really bad fire right around the lakes that we could have gone to so we ended up not getting on the lake this year. I was super bummed because that's one of the things I was looking forward to the most. I wanted to Dax to be able to ride on the tubes and play on the dock. But instead, we stopped and got some ice cream not too far away from Palisades, around Swan Valley area. 







Thursday we got to go fishing with my parents and sister, Chelsea. This is when we discovered that Daxton is totally a sissy city boy. Haha! My parents and Chelsea were pulling worms out of the ground for our fishing trip and Dax wanted NOTHING to do with worms! Then while we were out on the boat, I caught a fish and then I had Daxton help me reel in a few times and he caught a fish. But he did not want to fish to be anywhere near him. So our picture ended up with him looking scared to death because the fish is closer than he would like. Haha! But he did enjoy sitting next to Grammy and dipping his hands into the water as we floated. Cameron didn't love being in a life jacket. He did ok for the most part and thankfully slept a lot of the trip. But it was so fun to be out on the water, in the sun, and in Idaho. 









After we got home from fishing we went shooting real quick before it got dark! Daxton had been asking to go shooting with Papa for the whole week before we went to Idaho. So he loved every second of it! Dax got to shoot my dad's 22 rifle. After he finished his first turn shooting with Papa, he turned to the rest of us who told him how good he did. After all the praise he did a couple bows and said, "Thank you, thank you!" It was one of the funniest thing I had ever seen! 


Friday was a prep day for my sister, Chelsea's, bridal shower the next day. 
Saturday was the bridal shower day! We finished some things very last minute (that's just the Graham way) but I think we pulled it all together pretty well! Chels was showered with love (and gifts) and hopefully got her a little more prepared for her big day! We are so excited for you Chels (and I guess Wyatt too 😜)! 






Sunday we went to my sister's Ward.... A singles ward, with two kids. That was a little stressful being the only one with kids, but the boys were actually pretty quiet the whole time! Thank goodness! Then we said goodbye to my parents and we hung out with my grandparents. 




Monday was my sister, Cassidy's, only day off for the week so we got to spend time with her. But first I said hi to an old friend from back home. We met her at the splash pad in Rexburg and let our kids play. When the kids were all getting a little cranky and hungry, we said goodbye and went to take Lindsay to lunch. Then Cass and I did a little shopping and the boys slept for the majority of it! After that we headed back to Ririe to roast some hotdogs and marshmallows! 




Tuesday was our turn to head back home. We turned it into a two day trip again and then got back home Wednesday evening. 



We had so much fun being with family and seeing some friends! And I love that Daxton had a huge yard to just run around and play in! But we missed Adam and was sad he didn't have time to take off to come with us. 



Until next time, Idaho. 

No comments:

Post a Comment