Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In two years time...

Two years ago, I had no idea where we would be now. All I knew is that I was marrying my best friend and was so lucky to get to spend eternity with him.



We dated for several months before he popped the question, but I knew early on that he was the one I was going to marry. I had been waiting for him to propose for a long time, and this was no exception. The semester had just ended and he was going to come with me to two family reunions before he went back to North Carolina for the Fall semester. Apparently, he had this whole big proposal planned out and I ruined everything. I just told him what the plans were that week and I ruined it. 
I was so sure (and so was my family) that I was going to marry him that he was even included in our family pictures before we were engaged! We got these pictures done literally the day before we got engaged. So as bad as he hated getting pictures taken, it must not have been that bad because he still proposed! 


Caught! 




So the next day we went boating with my fam and I kept asking him when it was going to happen because he was leaving soon and then we would be apart for four months. I even asked him if he had told his parents we had been talking about it and he told me no! That was a little lie to throw me off, and it worked! We got back from boating and I was not feeling well at all. I was supposed to go grocery shopping with my mom (that was when Adam was going to talk to my dad), but I decided not to go because of how I felt. I stayed home and tried to take a nap. Adam went outside which wasn't unusual because he always like to see what the guys are up to and what he can learn. He asked my Dad in a matter of minutes and of course he said yes! My whole family loved him!

I went outside not too long after and sat on my grandparents deck with the rest of the fam. My sisters started taking the four wheelers when my dad stopped them and told them that Adam and I had called dibs for that night. The plan was to go watch the sunset, but it wasn't a huge deal and nobody ever called dibs on the four wheelers. We just took them if we could. So I thought that was a little weird, but I over looked it.


The girls got back and we took one of the four wheelers up to the fields above my grandparents' house. Normally when we ride together, we talk the whole time. This time, however, he didn't talk at all! It was a little weird, because his response was he was just enjoying the scenery..... uh those wheat fields sure are pretty? We wanted to go as far up on this hill as we could, or so I thought. We stopped like half way up and then he turned off the engine. I was super confused at first. Then he turned to me and we started talking, mostly about our future. Then he hopped off the four wheeler and got down on one knee. It was amazing! He asked me to be his wife during the sunset. I was so thrilled that it actually happened before he left!! All I could think was that I get to spend eternity with this hot man who has become my best friend!
                     








 Now, two years later, we are expecting our little boy and are moving to Arizona! We could not be happier right now! We finally get to be together every day, and as my sister said it, we will actually be living together! We are preparing for this sweet baby boy to come down and join our family and loving each other more and more in the process.
I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. He is my best friend and the love of my life.









2 comments:

  1. Aw thank you Karista!! I'm glad someone likes to read it! I mainly put it on there so I can remember, whether or not other people like to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete