Thursday, January 5, 2017

Holiday Letter

2016 was a crazy year for us, as are most years! But we opted out of sending Christmas cards so instead I'm recapping our year through our blog!

January, we headed back home from Idaho and recovered from an emotional Christmas and New Years. My grandparents on my mom's side passed away just 9 days apart right before Christmas. Right after we returned home, we found out we were moving to San Diego 3 weeks later!

February, we moved down to Chula Vista, California, just south of San Diego! Adam is working on the San Ysidro Port of Entry. He started there in a new position and has been learning lots!


Being down here in San Diego has given us lots of places to play! We were able to get Disneyland season passes so we try to get up there quite often. We love playing at the beach and we are only about 15 minutes away from our favorite beach so we get lots of sand time in. We also have passes to the San Diego Zoo so we have been able to go to the zoo and safari park regularly! We love the weather down here and are hoping we get to stay in the San Diego area for a while.

May 1st we welcomed our sweet baby, Cameron, into our family! It was a longer stay in the hospital than we would have liked, but since then it has been like we have never been without him!


Cameron loves to watch Daxton in almost anything he does. Daxton can make him laugh more than any of us! I love to watch the two of them learn, grow, and play together! Cameron is 8 months old now and is crawling, pulling himself up on everything, and has recently learned how to clap and shake his head. He loves the bath and will find it in any bathroom he goes in to! He still likes to be held a bunch but is slowly figuring out that he can explore more if he crawls.

July, we blessed Cameron in church so a bunch of our family came in to town! We got to do Disneyland, the zoo, the beach, and the Mormon Battalion with them!

August 5th Daxton turned 3! I can't believe it! He's getting so big! He makes us laugh every day by the things he says or does. He repeats things we say all the time! He loves pirates, playing the Wii (pizza dough aka Mario) and anything to do with space.  He knows all the planets in order and something special about each of them. He quotes movies all the time and he seems to just slip it in regular conversations. Haha! He loves to make Cameron laugh and if Cam is crying he always asks me to feed him, "pleeeeeease!" He loves to sing primary songs and has learned his ABC's! People still think he's older than he is, but he will get that his whole life.


In August I was also able to take the boys to Idaho to see my grandparents. I was so grateful I made that trip when I did so my grandma could meet Cameron. 💕

The end of September, my sister Chelsea got married in Portland, Oregon!

October 9th, my sweet grandma Graham passed away. We celebrated her life with most of my family on that side. I think we were only missing a couple of cousins. I miss her every day but I know she's in a better place.

November we celebrated thanksgiving with our little family. It was actually kind of nice to just relax and spend time with Adam while he was home.

December, we got to spend about two weeks in Utah with friends and family for Christmas! I was able to run up to Idaho for a couple of days while my family was up there! Then for Christmas, all of Adams siblings and their families were able to be together! This is a rare occasion when we get every single member of the family together so it was so fun to see everyone, catch up, and watch all 6 of the cousins play together!


Then for New Years we got to have some of our very good friends come stay with us for the weekend! We always have fun playing games, laughing and exploring! Our kids play so well together and we can't stop laughing! We love playing games with them so we got in several games in during their stay. It was a great way to ring in the new year!

2016 was very crazy, bitter sweet times, and big changes. I would be ok if 2017 was a little less eventful, but we know life doesn't work that way. 2017 looks great so far because my brother comes home in February from Jamaica after serving a mission for our church for the last 2 years!

2017, ready or not, here you come!









No comments:

Post a Comment