Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our first date...

I was thinking this week, after I said goodbye to my hunk of a husband for the week, about when we first met, went on our first date, and so on.
It all began during the summer of 2009. I had just started fresh, with everything. I moved to the other side of campus from where I started college (and wouldn't you believe it? It was a whole new world!). I moved in with completely random roommates and began my real college dating saga. Oh man, was it a blast!! That semester I had a roommate who I did everything with. We were joint at the hip! We played volleyball, attended parties, and even dated roommates/ best friends (my little boyfriend only lasted a whopping week). But anyway, one weekend (after we had both been dumped withing 24 hours of each other) we decided that we needed some new boys to flirt with. It didn't take long for Melissa to mention her really cool FHE brothers, and it took even less time for me to convince her to introduce me to them!
At first, I will admit, I had a crush on his roommate because I had not met him yet! I was flirting so bad with his roommates for a bit. Melissa and I would play ultimate frisbee with his roommates every monday night. Then one night they asked us to come help them decorate for the roommates (Adam's) suprise birthday party. I thought it was a little weird because we didn't know this guy, but we liked these guys so we decided to go! The party was fun, besides the fact that we didn't know anyone. haha But then everyone got quiet and turned off the lights because Adam was coming home. Of course, we were standing back in the kitchen being social with only his roommates. But then Adam walked in (singing: Aaaahhhhh!)... with another girl.
I, of course, was asking about him a little, trying not to be too obvious. But one of his roommates told me to forget about him because he was dating the girl he came in with. I was pretty bummed but I forgot about it, for the most part. That is until he started coming to play frisbee with us... without the girl!! Then you better believe that the flirt-o-meter went up to a 10! During the semester, that's about all that happened. Towards the end of the semester however, I found out he was going to be doing an internship that fall about 20 minutes away from my parents house!
After that I became very forward and told him we needed to go on a date during our small summer break we had before I went back to school. He agreed!!
My sister, Lindsay, decided that we should make this a double date for our first one. So we told the boys that we were going to go bowling. Not just any bowling, Skittle bowling. It was so much fun! I had huge butterflies in my stomach that night. I had the biggest crush on him and I hoped it wouldn't be one of those summer flings.

Lindsay and her date Cameron
 
Our first picture together!
 
 
 
Part of our Skittle bowling
 
Mmm nice butt view... but his is super cute!
 
Probably my favorite picture of that night
 
 
 
 
 
Skittle tongue
 
I instantly fell for that smile
 
 
 
After we were finished with bowling, we took Linds and Cameron home and then we took off again. It was time for us to get to know each other a little better. We just walked down to the school right by my parents house. We paced the playground as we talked. It was so easy for us to talk and carry on a conversation. We literally talked for hours that night. Finally we got close enough that we started hugging (if I remember correctly, that was me being very forward and made the first move) and from there, kissing. It was amazing! I had never been so nervous and excited all at the same time. I knew from that date that this man was a special one. One in a million. I could never stop fighting for him.

2 comments: