Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentines day and the rest is history

Valentines day four years ago was the first of many with my handsome man. It wasn't an easy road to travel in order to get there, but I kept at it! 
The summer of 2009 was a very different one for me. I had just left a year and a half relationship and was so ready for something new. I had never been in college without a boyfriend, so this was a foreign place for me to be in. I started over a new with everything. Clean slate. 
I was super lucky and was placed in an apartment with amazing girls whom I became very close. After several crushes that semester, my roommate introduced me to her old family home evening brothers. Insta crush. The boys invited us to help them with a suprise birthday party they were throwing their other roommate. We didn't have a clue who this other roommate was, but we were willing to go to get a date out of it! Haha 

We went over early to help out. While we were waiting for everyone to get there, I notice there were quite a few cute girls there. All I could think was that this guy HAD to be good with all these girls there. 
I was right! He was freaking cute (and tall)! I knew right then that I had to get to know this guy. I started to ask his roommates about him and I was cut off being told that he was taken. I look up only to see a girl following him into the apartment... Dang! Too late. 

I just went about my business and kept playing ultimate frisbee with his roommates every Monday night. I continued to flirt as much as possible with most of the guys we played with. And then Adam started coming to play! This was my chance to flirt my way to a date. 

We started talking and I found out that he had an internship that fall that happened to be really close to my parents house! I mentioned that we should do something while I was home, before I went back to school. And so it began. We went on our first date in august of 2009! 
went home more often than I ever had that fall semester. We went on several more dates, he met my family, and talked about dating exclusively. He decided he didn't want to do the long distance thing so we continued to date other people. I was actually kind of waiting for a missionary at the time so it was fine. I had to see if I had a future with this other guy. I ended up moving to Utah for the winter semester. After I found out that there was no future with this other guy, I continued to see Adam. We spent New Years together but still decided not to do long distance. 

About a week before valentines day I received a phone call from Adam where he asked me to be his valentine! I was so giddy and excited to see what the future held. I went up to Rexburg for that valentines weekend. My roommate Ashley and is decided to do a double date for valentines night. It was so fun to be able to cook and watch movies together! That night he asked me if we could spend some time together just the two of us. Of course I wanted to!! So we spent a day doing all sorts of things.
Then we reached the evening where the more serious talks come in to play. He told mehe didn't want to date other people because he wanted to date me. It was that night on valentines weekend four years ago that we decided we wanted to see what the future held for us.
I have never looked back from that day. He has become my best friend. I love all his nerdiness, his athletics, and his love for me. He has been the best choice of my life. I'm so happy I get to spend eternity with this handsome man! I am so glad I get to be by his side through all of the adventures life is going to throw at us! I love you Adam. Happy valentines day babe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment