Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The one where we say "see you later"


My little brother, Cody, is enjoying his last day at home with mom and dad before he leaves for two years to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is heading to the Kingston Jamaica mission! We are so excited for him and this new adventure he gets to go on! He will be such a fabulous missionary! He is the first and only (so far) of the Graham siblings to serve a mission so this is all new for us. You see, we are a very close family. Some might think too close, but we love it just as we are. But because we are so close, it is going to make it that much harder to say goodbye for two whole years. Actually, let's not say goodbye, just see you later. That might help us cope a little better.






As we facetimed this morning, we got teary eyed even when we weren't talking about him leaving. Oh boy! Not good, especially if we aren't actually saying see you later until tonight. We are going to miss him more than he will ever know, but I know he's ready and anxious to get out there. Part of me wishes we could have gone back to hang out with him for just a little bit longer, but I know I would have been a mess dropping him off, so it's probably best.



If you want to keep updated, there will be posts added to his mission blog: www.eldercgraham.blogspot.com

Cody,
We are so incredibly proud of you for making this decision to serve a mission. I know that is what The Lord wants you to be doing right now. He especially wants you to serve the people of Jamaica by the spirit which you are so full of. I know you are doing the right thing and you will be blessed so much for that. 
It will be so weird not having your face pop on the screen when we are chatting with mom and there won't be someone to teach my child crazy habits (lifting his shirt up and walking around with it that way). However, you are being the greatest example to Daxton by serving a mission. I know he looks up to you (literally too) in everything you do even though he's only a year old. You are also a great example to Adam and I. I'm so excited to hear what you learn and do while you are away. 
You have grown from just my little baby brother, to my brother who is now a man. That's crazy to me! We have always talked about you going on a mission, but now it's here! How times have changed! I know you will be the best missionary because you already are! You are the greatest little bro anyone could ask for!
We will miss you so much!
Do work out there son!
We love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment