Wednesday, January 2, 2013

An Adam & Brittani Production

On December 3, 2012, I took the test that would determine the rest of our lives. Our lives indeed changed that night. Not one, but two blue lines made their appearance.

First pregnancy test I took

That's right! Adam and I are expecting our first little one in August 2013!!


This is the pregnancy test from the doctors office to double check I was indeed pregnant!
 
I can't believe we are going to be mommy and daddy!! This is so crazy to me! We are old enough? Maybe. We are mature enough? Probably not, but that's what is going to make this so exciting!

I am 8 weeks along (almost 9) and am due the beginning of August!

 
I think I have been comfortable with the idea of having a baby, but I did not feel positive that I was ready for kids until the night that Adam told me that he was ready for kids. It was the beginning of October (and the night I was released as Young Women President in my church) when he told me. We got ready for bed and as soon as we were both comfortable he turned to me and told me he wanted to talk to me about something. I had no idea that he was going to tell me this! I began to cry out of excitment, love, and shock.

The week before we found out we were pregnant, we were at Disney World (that post will come later). Two days after we arrived home, Adam had to leave for Colorado for training. He left and I was late - if you know what I mean. I didn't want to get my hopes up because that had happened before so I waited as long as I could before I took the test. So I took it Monday night, December 3rd. Adam had litterally left 2 days before. When I found out, of course I was thrilled! I thought about waiting until I saw Adam next, but I just couldn't wait to tell his this amazing news! When I told him, both of us were speechless because we were ecstatic!

We decided not to say anything to anyone until Christmas! That's when we told both of our familes! We caught both of their reactions on video - which I will show later.

1 comment: