Friday, January 31, 2014

First week essentials


So you have you new adorable, tiny, miracle home. How do you get through all the feedings, play time, and relaxing time? Here are a few things that really helped me in the first week!

1. First of all, my mom was able to come stay with us for the first week so meals were taken care of. But if you don't have that option ( or even if you do), frozen meals are amazing! You can just pull them out of the freezer and throw then in the crockpot! Thank you pinterest! I found several recipes here!

2. Boppy - So great to relax your arms a bit while they are napping or eating!

3. Sweats/ nursing bra - You will be in your house for several days without feeling the desire to leave. Having sweats, a robe, and a comfortable nursing bra is key!
Gilligan & O'Malley® Women's Knit Robe - Assorted Colors Xhilaration® Junior's Yoga Pajama Pant - Assorted Colors

4. Gossip girl/ tv series - seriously Netflix was my lifesaver the first couple weeks! I had to have the computer on while I was feeding him during the nights so I could see what I was doing! It didn't help that up until Dax was about three months old, he took about 45 minutes to an hour to eat. So in that time I could get a while episode watched! Gossip Girl was just one of the series I watched, pick your favorites and go for it! Even going back to watch older shows that you loved all over again is worth it!



5. Breast pump - now I didn't need a pump for more than two weeks so I just used the hand held one the hospital gives you. But it was very nice to have for those two weeks! I have been told that it's worth just renting from the hospital unless you know you will need it for a pretty long time or with every baby. 

6. Swing - Daxton loved the swing! It helped calm him down many times. I have been told though that some babies prefer the bouncer rather than the swing. We had both but Daxton preferred the swing over the bouncer anytime.

7. Swaddle blankets - My sister in law made us some square blankets that worked perfect for swaddling Daxton! We still use them today! Swaddling Daxton made him sleep much better when he was a newborn.


8. Phone/ iPad - Let's face it, you are going to be talking to many family members and friends after you get home. Whether by talking to them or by text, it's going to happen! I also (if you haven't noticed the millions of pictures of Daxton) take pictures with my phone to send them to family and post on Instagram and Facebook simply because it's convenient to take with my phone!

9. Nursing pads/ cream/ feminine pads - If you are nursing. the nipple cream will save you! I am nursing so I know having the breast pads are a necessity. You probably won't need the nursing pads for too long if you aren't nursing. Starting in the hospital, you will receive diaper size pads. I know they sounds awful, but trust me you will be so grateful for them! You will want the biggest size pads for when you get home just to be on the safe side! I have also heard some say they like the Depends much better when they first get home. I personally asked for extra large pads from the hospital.
Lansinoh® Disposable Nursing Pads 100ct Lansinoh® HPA® Lanolin
(This is my favorite brand)

10. Camera - I am a picture freak! I overload on pictures. I just don't want to miss capturing a moment of Daxton's growth! And I just think he's really cute. Having a camera on hand will probably make your family and friends happy so they can get an update once in a while! My family probably gets too many pictures, but they just have to deal with it because I love showing off my handsome little guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment