Monday, April 28, 2014

A little trip to see family

This past weekend Daxton and I were able to go to Idaho and Utah to visit family! We were so sad Adam couldn't come with us, but it was still fun! We flew in Wednesday morning and our awesome friends Levi and Dara picked us up at the airport! We were able to go to lunch with them before we met up with my mother in law. Dara and I somehow always forget to get pictures together though! We are always far too busy talking and laughing! We miss living close to them, but it's so great that every time we do get to see each other, it's like we didn't skip a beat! 

We met up with my mother and sister in law and headed toward Jerusalem... Ok not the real Jerusalem, but the LDS movie set where several church movies were filmed! 

Thursday we just hung out at my sister in law, Marie's apartment while she packed up her house. It was so fun for them all to see Daxton again and we got to meet my soon to be brother in law for the first time! 

Friday was my cousin Rylie's wedding in south Jordan! My parents happen to be in town the same weekend we were there, so they swung by to pick daxton and I up with my sisters who had no clue we were going to be there!! It was so fun surprising them! When they pulled up I could hear them screaming in the car from outside! They came and picked us up and we headed to lunch and then the temple for the wedding! After the wedding we headed up to Idaho to stay at my grandparents house, who also didn't know I was coming! 


Saturday, we just took it easy at my grandparents house, mainly because it was rainy all morning. My dad called dibs on taking Daxton on his first four wheeler ride so we wanted to wait until it stopped raining.... Well the rain just turned to snow so we thought we better take him out before it got too bad! We got Dax all suited up in the warmest thing my grandparents had that fit him, and it happened to be a pink and purple snow suit. Sorry Dax! We took him out and he was just so interested in looking around at everything that his facial expression didn't change a whole bunch. But my dad loved taking him around the yard for a few minutes! 

Saturday evening was Rylie's reception so we headed to Pocatello for that and to see and bunch more family! So fun to see a few of my cousins and some of my aunts and uncles. 


Sunday was our goodbye day. My family ALWAYS cries at goodbyes with each other. Without fail. But it'd just because we should really be living really close so we can see each other all the time!! My parents, the twins, and Cody packed up and headed to Oregon. Lindsay and I packed up and headed to Rexburg to see my sister and brother in law, Rylee and Jesse! Even though it was for about 20 minutes, it was good to see them! Then it was time for Lindsay to take us to the airport. So sad to say goodbye, but we'll all be together in the beginning of June again for Cody's graduation! 

It was such a fun, last minute trip that I wish Adam could have come on but you gotta do what you gotta do. 


1 comment:

  1. okaaayyyy, i must be pregnant because I miiight be crying at your first paragraph. haha miss you, girl! so so much!

    ReplyDelete